[APD] DIY vs Gas tank CO2

Urville,

I'll tell you a little story about CO2.
I used DIY, being hard headed, stubborn, just for the challenge after awhile for 10 years on my tanks at home. I knew I'd like Canned CO2, I had several client's tanks I set up and /or maintained that had nice systems.
All the bells and whistles.

I just got back from Ohio and seeing a number of folks that just got hooked and all doped up on canned CO2.

Now I'll tell you what I think, and what they all, and I mean every single one of them told me:
"It's the best thing I've ever done. I should have done this a long time ago"

Given the other fact, about 95% of all algae issues are CO2 related, this really is a good idea not to be stubborn about. The cost is truly not as much as many feel relative to other things. The gain is definitely worth it.

Now I would not lie to you, I've been on both sides of this issue(as well as a proponent of non CO2), but if you want to try out DIY to see what CO2 can do, super. If all you have is a 20 gal or less, then it's reasonable, but if you have a 55 or more than a few tanks etc, do the canned CO2.

This is very good advice.

Regards,
Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com