[APD] After the hurricane

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions on how to prepare my tank for a
power loss due to the hurricane.

The fish came out fine I turned everything off and only ran power heads on
the tanks so there would be circulation when the power was on, plus I added
extra prime.

I have done a 80% water change and I am getting ready to start my sump,
canister filters and hang on back filters.

Usually I just run water thru these filter the start them back up but for
the last 6 months I have been keeping discus and I want to make sure I do it
right. All I here is that discus are difficult but I have yet to experience and
problems with them and I hope to keep it that way.

Should I just run water thru and over the filter media or should I take it
all apart and clean everything? What about the sump, would running water over
the bio balls and rinsing out the sponge be enough?

Thanks,
Bill