Re: [APD] Petco Depot Mngr

You should come to our PetCo where someone decided to kill algae by washing all the rock with bleach and then not rinsing it and killing the entire Freshwater stock not once but twice. i applied for a job went to the interview and explained that in Part time to my fulltime job I would gladly rid them of their problems and help them to not euthanise their fish as much as possible. heheh of course I wasnt taken seriously, but then i got my message across.
Wal-MArt is the same way. It would be different if it wasnt just cruelty. PetCo is just one of those places. I just dont buy fish from those places. Now PetSmart in I went to in Colorado. I didnt speak with any staff but they had a beautiful setup, and everything looked very healthy. who knows, maybe i was just there on shipment day.

PetCity is my local favorite they are still selling PennPLax lights in the original boxes from 1989 for 24.95. That place is just awesome. lol

Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 05:08:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sandra Derrick <mygenericemailname at yahoo_com>
Subject: [APD] topfin brand
To: aquatic plants <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

It is my understanding that topfin is relabled
perfecto... you can see the difference in quality
between  aga and topfin and often can find weird
topfin sizes like a 60 gallon tank in a 55 gallon
footprint or a 25 gallon in a 29 gallon footprint-
both of which are common perfecto sizes, so I am
pretty certain that topfin is really perfecto... I
also worked at Petco and do not recall ever seeing
anything from aga or hearing anything to suggest that
topfin was aga.
Sandi

Sandi,
That could easily be the case. I was told Top Fin was an All-Glass
manufactured product by a PetSmart Tropical Fish department manager, so I
was just passing on info told to me. That is kind of scary if the person
running the department doesn't know.
Dave