Re: [APD] removing scratches from an acrylic aquarium

Richard J. Sexton wrote:
> Do all their tanks look like this in the sun?

I don't know. I can't imagine that they do. This tank required them to
order a custom sheet of acrylic, and I'm thinking something may have
happened to it. Being fairly familiar with detailing autos, I recognize
some things that are common on autos. One thing I noticed on this tank
is that there are a couple of places that obviously had deep scratches
and they were buffed out. You can see them if you look in just the right
light. Not that I care, but it hints at the history of the tank.

I am not too pleased with the workmanship in general anyway. The lids
have little feet to keep them seated in the openings and one lid is
missing a foot, and the other lid had one fall off. They also only used
3/8" acrylic on a 24" deep tank. That concerns me quite a bit,
especially since when I was ordering this tank I told them specifically,
"I don't want this tank to bow noticeably. If you need to use thicker
acrylic, then go ahead and I'll pay for it." I wouldn't recommend a
Clear for Life to a friend.

--
Jerry Baker