Re: [APD] removing scratches from an acrylic aquarium

urville wrote:
> I dont know about brand new custom built. but i've bought an eclipse for
> a nano reef, and i bought a smaller tank for my daughterslittle african
> dwarf frog. both were acrylic and i bought thm locally. And not until
> after sometime of use did I ever notice a scratch of any kind and were
> talking some very bright lighting over the eclipse.
> just a FYI. I would immediatley call them and explain the situation and
> see what they say and go from there. i also wouldnt mention what you've
> already done. just say this is what i found period. then make a
> descision on what to do next. personnally for the better part of 1000
> and a 50 mile drive, depending on how big this tank is i would say I
> shouldnt be able to tell it from glass the first day.

I'm of that opinion also, and that's exactly what I plan on doing. It
was already scratched the instant I took off the plastic wrapping. The
polishing didn't make it better or worse, and that's the God's honest
truth so I don't feel the need to complicate things by explaining it all
to them.

It may be that acrylic tanks look like this, or maybe not. I have never
noticed it on another tank though. If they cannot or will not fix it,
I'll just get a glass tank. Who makes glass tanks with corner overflows?

--
Jerry Baker