Re: [APD] Theory vs. Actual

Richard J. Sexton wrote:
> Guy tells a frg in a lab to jump, it does on command, every time.
> He cuts its legs off then tells it to jump. It doesn't move, of course.
>
> He writes down in his notebook: "Cut off frogs legs, frog
> is now deaf."

That is funny (seriously, not sarcastically). But the conclusion is
still drawn from the data. That the conclusion is incorrect doesn't
change that. The correct interpretation can also be gleaned from the
data. I don't think there is a conclusion to be drawn that isn't from
the data, is there?

I'm not sure if you were just making a joke, or making a point. Please
forgive the seriousness of my reply if it was only intended as a joke.
In that case I just laughed. Written word sucks for conveying subtle
nuances of tone and inflection.

--
Jerry Baker