Re: [APD] CO2 in the mist

Thomas Barr wrote:
> 1. Adding CO2 mist reduces the distances(minor/not significant)
> 2. Gas vs a liquid. Clearly the gas can move faster (large factor)
> 3. Increases the concentration (probably the main factor).

One thing that may be a sub-factor of #3, is that a bubble would be able
to penetrate the Prandtl boundary.

I am not attempting to be confrontational when I say that I am still
doubtful of CO2 availability being the causative agent here. My
understanding is that 30ppm is enough to saturate photosynthesis in
aquatic plants. If that is the case, no amount of CO2 above saturation
will increase O2 production. That doesn't explain why you see better
plant growth using this method though.

I still would like to seek input from the list concerning methodologies
that might be employed to uncover what is going on here in a definitive
way. Perhaps we can discover a way to achieve the same effect without
bubbles, or maybe not, depending on the cause.

--
Jerry Baker