Re: [APD] Theory vs. Actual

urville wrote:
> look sorry. i'm just tired of the crazy arguments on these subjests and
> suddenly the subject is gone with no answer gained, no progress
> acheived, only to be replaced by more of the same with a new subject
> heading. thats why i like tom. he did it, it worked. he tried to
> replicate it. it worked. he may get the deep down science but he doesnt
> push it on anyone, he does what almost every great inventor has ever
> done. he proved it with real world applications.
>
> and folks thats science to me.

Amen to that. Tom does a lot of good work. I don't second-guess that for
a second.

I am just not the type satisfied with, "it just works." I want to know
why it works. Understanding the processes at work behind any phenomena
gives direction for further experimentation.

I asked a couple of questions of Tom about his theory when he posted it,
and he chose to ignore them. After that, I posted an idea for conducting
an experiment and suddenly my posts are worth responding to again
(notice a pattern?). Instead of saying, "well, the reason I thought that
CO2 was building up on the leaves was because I had previously inquired
about the CO2 I was using and had found it to be 99.97% pure. That ruled
out other gases accumulating," I get something to the effect of, "you
stupid little person, why would you want to experiment with that? It's
not going to make any difference."

This is a repeating pattern. Tom expressed in another thread that he had
tried using ozone to control algae and hadn't had much luck with it. I
thought it was great that he had tried using oxygen radicals to combat
algae on such a large scale, so I asked him how much he used. The answer
I got ... silence. Same answer I got on the CO2 bubbles thing.

Perhaps it is because I don't show the proper deference to his lordship
by having the unmitigated gall to ask questions. I don't know. I asked
and the questions were ignored. So, I thought out loud about a way to
test them for myself. I apologize to anyone who has taken offense to
that. It is very clear to me that this list is not interested in
understanding why a particular thing works, just as long as it works.

I will not spam the list with anything other than proper praise and
unquestioning acceptance for each post Mr. Barr makes.

--
Jerry Baker