Re: [APD] adding VINEGAR

>I wonder what would happen if you got a small polyethylene (Nalgene)
>bottle, poked holes in it, filled it with marble chips or crushed coral,
>and dropped it into a larger container with a dilute hydrochloric acid
>solution? The number and size of the holes along with the strength of
>the solution would dictate the rate of the reaction. I would wear some
>good lab gloves when working with the setup though.

J.J. Scheel used to do this back in the 50s and
60s. He wrote about it very briefly in _Rivulins
of The Old World_.

There's a reason you don't hear about it being used much. You
think a DIY yeast spill is bad?

Richard,
no cats were gassed in the growing of these plants.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net