Re: [APD] CO2 revelations

Jerry Baker wrote:
> I would speculate that using the diffuser disk near the output of a
> filter causes pearling for a similar reason. If the gases that normally
> build up in the reactor, and are normally vented to the atmosphere, are
> forced into the water column by the disk, then we will get the same
> effect as a water change.

I forgot to say that using the disk alone (without strong current)
doesn't negate this theory because of the relative difficulty with which
oxygen dissolves in water. Making tiny bubbles that have prolonged
contact time will significantly increase the dissolution of O2 over just
letting it bubble straight up (it's not like CO2 where you can watch it
dissolve on the way up).

--
Jerry Baker