Re: [APD] Plexi lid vs. Glass

>Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:53:55 +0000
>From: "Mariano F. Bonfante" <mariano_bonfante at hotmail_com>
>Subject: Re: [APD] Plexi lid vs. Glass
>To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>
>Have you by chance measure the absorption of red and blue in water column?.
>It is significant for the typical tank depth?.

Fairly insignificant at 2' or so depth (most of our tanks). The red loss
gets noticeable at depths of more than a meter or so. Notice what colors
get reflected back from the white bottom of a swimming pool. The blue is
attenuated very little, but some red is lost, tinting the pool a pastel
cyan (pale blue-green).

Gee, we could go back to the color in a white bucket foolishness, at
this rate. :-)

Wright

--
Wright Huntley - Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514 - whuntley at verizon_net - 760 872-3995

"...watching Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco handle the New Orleans/ Louisiana debacle is like watching Moe and Curly trying to work a Rubik’s cube."
Doug Giles

http://www.self-gov.org/wspq.html