Re: [APD] Profile Substrate

william ruyle wrote:
> I mixed sand with the profile at 1:3 ratio, along with crushed black
> lava rock to darken it up abit,
> works great. It also breaks up the uniform tan color of the profile.

I'm thinking of going with mostly Profile mixed with some plain old
silica sand. The sand should help weigh down the plants and break up the
monotone of the Profile. The only thing cheaper than Profile is silica
sand anyway ;) I just need to compare the colors to make sure it won't
be too contrasty for my taste. I don't think so though. Wet sand is a
fairly medium-dark color that shouldn't be too different in contrast
from the Profile.

--
Jerry Baker