Re: [APD] Light and Lids and jumping fish

Or get a teller tank and don't fill it up all the way ;-)

sh

--- Jerry Smith <jerrytheplater at hotmail_com> wrote:

> Jerry
>
> I believe I remember reading something in the Archives or
> from the list
> itself about someone using a rim around the top of the
> tank to keep jumpers
> in the water. I don't remember if it was paralllel to the
> surface or
> perpendicular. Does anyone else remember anything about
> this rim?
>
> Jerry Smith
> Bloomingdale, NJ
>
> >Message: 3
> >Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:51:08 -0700
> >From: Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz>
> >Subject: Re: [APD] Light and Lids
> >To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>
> >I wanted to do this on my last tank, and wish I could on
> this new one
> >also. My problem is hatchet fish. They can find a 1"
> opening in the
> >corner of a tank and jump out of it. I think this time I
> may replace the
> >lid with a 1/2" mesh, but I'm not sure yet. They'd have
> to aim real good
> >to jump through a 1/2"-square hole.
> >
> >--
> >Jerry Baker

Coming Soon in November, the winners and all the other beautiful entries in the 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest. Every continent is represented -- except Antarctica. Maybe next year Antarctica, too ;-)

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org