Re: [APD] Light and Lids

Mariano F. Bonfante wrote:
> With a luxometer I messured 11% loss. The same value was obtenied with 3 mm
> to 6 mm glass.

I do believe that nearly all of the loss with glass occurs due to
reflection at the physical boundaries (i.e., the interface between air
and glass). No matter how thick the glass is within a normal range found
on an aquarium, the loss will be the same. I always understood that
about 7% was lost at each surface with normal uncoated glass. Seems like
if that was the case, a lid would be predicted to lose about 13.5%, but
that's not far out from what you measured.

--
Jerry Baker