[APD] Light and Lids

One question I have is if all these light measurements and stuff take into
account any glass or acrylic cover which might be on the tank? Standard tank
cover glass is probably pretty bad at transmitting light - no extra-low
dispersion glass, no anti-reflective coating, standard green soda glass. Has
anybody ever done studies to show how much light is lost in the lid?
 My husband enjoys these discussions mightily, since he is an active amatuer
astronomer, which is all about light gathering capabilities. They spend some
time on their lists discussing how best to get light from place (star) to
place (eye) too.
 Rachel