Hard to argue with that, Terry.

I prefer about 0.3-0.55 putters per gallon per week on the
slow growth tanks and about 3 times that on the fast growth
tanks.

Of course, it's more a matter of personal preference than
"proper" amount. In fact, I know a few folks that do about
1.0-3.2 putters per gallon per week and love every minute
of it. Their gruntlement has reportedly reached as high as
10-12 grunts-of-pleasure per day, which equates to
34.4-41.28 smiles per week -- of course that's C-scale
weighted for solitary activity. On the A-scale, weighted
for group activity, the numbers would be even higher.

Have plants, have fun, ;-)
Scott H.

--- Terry Barber <terbarb at alltel_net> wrote:

> . . .  when I am out
> puttering in the fish room I just want to use some simple
> tools to grow some
> nice plants.  My eye is going to tell me if its working
> to my
> satisfaction......don't have time for a thesis on the
> topic.  Too busy
> fishing pbj's out of the tank.

Coming Soon in November, the winners and all the other beautiful entries in the 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest. Every continent is represented -- except Antarctica. Maybe next year Antarctica, too ;-)

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org