Jerry,
Why don't  you do the research you want to try, using the methods you
want, until the data you get satisfy you, and then offer your
conclusions for our use or comments?  I think most people welcome
additional data and ideas, even though most may also decide that they
prefer not to take any advantage of it.  Isn't that how nearly all
basic research is done?  I used to work for NASA years ago, and watched
people collect esoteric data and publish it, never knowing if anyone
would ever use the data or the conclusions.  Basic research is almost
always of no apparent usefulness until long after it has been published
and digested by enough people.  In any case, if you would enjoy doing
this, why does it matter if any of us, at this point, see any reason
for your doing it?

Vaughn H.