Re: [APD] Plants that apple snails won't eat...

Looks like I've got a couple of Pomacea canaliculata.  Voracious plant
eaters.  :)
My daughter likes them too much for me to consider getting rid of them, so I
guess I'll just not keep plants in that tank.  :(
I tried feeding them fresh spinach, cabage, and carrots this weekend and
they loved it.  My pl*co liked it too.
At least I can keep them well fed without sacrificing my plants.

>There are apple snails and there are ....apple snails.
>
>Visit the web site Stuart Halliday suggested below and identify using the
shell diagrams the type of snail you have.
>Pomacea bridgesii do not eat plants. I've been breeding them for 5 years
and if you keep them well fed they will not eat your plants. I've got dozens
of them in two heavily planted tanks.
>If you have the variety that eats plants (and some are voracious eaters)
then you will not be able to grow plants in that tank.