[APD] Hush hush pump, fan

I made a sound-reducing enclosure for my new Little Giant external pump,
much better now. Now the cooling fan for the pump is the noise-maker, but
at a much lower level. It's a leftover 4" AC computer fan I had lying
around. Can an AC fan be speed-controlled, like maybe with a light dimmer?
I probably know the answer to this one, but maybe...

BTW, 3/4" plywood internally lined with acoustic ceiling tile makes a
pretty good sound reducing enclosure. Offset the fan with a baffle in
between it and the pump.

TW