Re: [APD] wordwrapping

.

Btw, like other recently mentioned nouns having nothing to
do with plants, "carraige return" might sound like an odd
term for moving a typing cursor from an end of a line  back
to the start. Typewriters had carraiges that one returned
to the start position by shoving it over with a lever --
later, electric typewriters saved untold well-chewed
calories by shoving the carraige for the typist. What a
boon to humans that was! The earliest computer displays
were printing devices that used carraiges very much like
some electric typewriters -- at least, utile line printers
came along. But by then, we just couldn't stop referring
the carraige that now is returned millions of times a day
around the world, yet doesn't exist at all.

crlf sh
--- Chrys <celticchrys at gmail_com> wrote:

> Carol,
> Wordwrapping is when the text goes automatically down to
> the next
> line when you're typing. Word processors did not
> originally do this for you.
> Not all e-mail systems or programs do this for you now.
> For all practical purposes, a line break/carriage return
> is any time you
> go to the next line by hitting enter(or return).
> So, if you do not hit enter to make a new line, someone
> who is reading
> e-mail on a system that does not automatically wordwrap
> will see one
> long line that goes clear off of the side of their
> screen.
> -Chrys
>
> On 9/9/05, REDRAGON40 at aol_com <REDRAGON40 at aol_com> wrote:
> >
> > Carol the technoklutz here. I have no idea what
> wordwrapping is, or line
> > breaks. The only problem I have reading posts is the
> seemingly endless
> > repetition of messages with the little
> > < Carol

The AGA Sixth International Aquascaping Contest

Have registered for the Contest? Uploaded your photos?
Sent in the Photo Release Form?
Entries must be completed before the deadline lapses on September 15.

Share the fun and show your work!

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org