Thomas Barr wrote:
> I'm not bugging on you personally, just the Fe thing and why folks assume so much(myself in the past as well here) about Fe and traces..........we really do not know much and the differences are subtle unlike dosing macros/CO2 etc.

I hadn't realized until your post that my responses might be read as a
little defensive. I didn't mean them that way. I was just genuinely
confused.

I don't believe aquatic plants to be much different than terrestrial
plants in basic things such as nutrient transport. Terrestrial plants
can absorb nutrient through their leaves just like aquatic plants (as an
example of something that might at first appear as a difference). I know
that when you see yellowing on new growth, iron deficiency is your best
bet. It's not guaranteed, but it has the best chance of being the
correct problem. If the new growth is green and the old growth is
turning yellow, that's probably manganese. Not necessarily, but probably.

--
Jerry Baker