[APD] Sources of DIY Material

Has anyone started to collect sources of DIY material yet? I have a hard
time calling business after business looking for this or that. It sure
seems a waste for each person to have to go through that. If there isn't
a list, I'm going to make one. No need to duplicate effort though.

For instance, it took me three days to find a place in the Los Angeles
area that sells silica sand suitable for the aquarium. They sell it in
75lb bags for $6.99. There should be some repository of this information.

--
Jerry Baker