Re: [APD] Copper

On 9/7/05, Thomas Barr <tcbiii at yahoo_com> wrote:

> Copper pipes should be mighty crusty also after 60 years. I'd buy some
> upgrades personally.
> You can run a metal removal filter/carbon etc or change the lines or run
> the line for a few minutes before doing the water change.

 Worse, those pipes can be so thin they break without warning. I just
replaced similar pipes in my turn of hte century house with PEX (crosslinked
polyethylene) plumbing. We discovered the old copper pipes in the house were
paper thin. With the tools for working with PEX available it was an easy and
fairly inexpensive DIY project.
 Liz