Re: [APD] One bulb on a two bulb ballast

If the balast does not require the bulbs to be wired in
series, then it should not matter. But it's best to check
with the wiring diagrams if they are avaialble from the
ballast manufacturer.

sh
--- Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz> wrote:

> krisa at demilune_net wrote:
> > I've seen some threads on this before, but need some
> clarification.  I've
> > got a two bulb power compact setup.  Is is bad practice
> to run one bulb
> > with a two bulb ballast?  Is it bad for the bulb,
> ballast, or both?
> > Thanks!
>
> As long as it's wired correctly, it's not going to hurt
> anything. Most
> ballasts are run slightly under their capabilities
> anyway. For instance,
> the ballasts that A H Supply sells with their 2 x 55W kit
> is a 128W ballast.
>
> --
> Jerry Baker

Have you uploaded your photos?
Sent in the Photo Release Form?
Don't wait too long for that perfect picture-taking moment; the
September 15 deadline for entries to the AGA Inernational
Aquascaping Contest is fast approaching.

Share the fun and show your work!

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org