Re: [APD] DIY jobs

Well, you could always add a chiller and then get the
maximum benefit from the heater all year 'round. ;-)

sh

--- "Mariano F. Bonfante" <mariano_bonfante at hotmail_com>
wrote:

> Adding a rectifier is inexpensive and looks worthwhile as
> a prevention, but
> I have neither specific data of effects on fish and
> plants. The current
> through the system is 0.5 amp , which is not neglectable.
>
> Controlling temperature to a precise point has it
> drawbacks IME. For
> example, in winter heater is on and water temperature is
> 25ºC. In summer
> water temperature is 29ºC, and heater is off.
>
> Once I try with a switching bulb sensing temp close to
> the heaters,
> maintaining it constant. What I saw was too much heat in
> winter, no heating
> in summer, so constant adjustment was needed. Therefore,
> I prefer a constant
> differential temperature system instead, keeping the
> temperature difference
> instead of absolute values.

The September 15 deadline for entries to
the AGA Inernational Aquascaping Contest is fast approaching.

Don't forget to indicate if you want your AGA entry to also be an ADA (Aqua Design Amano) Layout Contest entry!

All the info is here:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

Share the fun and show your work!