Re: [APD] Canopy Cooling

S. Hieber wrote:
> So long as the voltage is correct and the transformer can
> handle the amount of current that the fan needs (and the
> fan blades are unobstructed), the fan will draw only the
> amount of current it should.

That is true. The problem is that with linear transformers the rated
voltage is only supplied at the rated current. So, a 200 mA transformer
only supplies 12VDC at 200 mA. If your fan draws 100 mA you will get a
higher voltage. This is probably fine as long as you are close, but if
you plug a 150 mA fan into a 1000 mA linear transformer, it won't go
(the fan). I have plugged fans into linear transformers and they didn't
work at all. That's how I learned that.

--
Jerry Baker