Re: [APD] aeration & a planted tank

In my experience with the three filters i have, I would disagree with
the last comment but this is of course this is based on my own tank and
my own (maybe limited) expirence.

My internal power head/sponge filter which was 1200lph tended to get
cloged up and i had problems with changes in nitrite levels when
cleaning etc.

The other filter i had was a air pump and sponge but didn't work as well
as the other two.

My current filter is a Canister filter and i'm happy with it at the
moment, less cleaning due to larger filter volume seams to allow the
bacteria to build up at a constant and maintainable rate.

=Nick