> I have setup hundreds of reef
>and freshwater planted tanks for people, and I always research them first.

I'd suggest a 3x 150 HQI + 2x 96w PC lights.
Smaller hood, better lighting options(run the PC's 10 hours and the MH's for 3-6 hours).
If she wants the MH's etc, she can use them but more light is not better.
4x 96w of PC lighting is enough to grow anything and can also be staggered.
She better go figure out how to use CO2 real good and learn how to do that.
That will make or break the tank's success. Too mnay obsess over nutrients and not enough about good CO2/plant biomass.

Lots of plants from the very start, add mulm to the filter/gravel etc.
Adding the nutrients is easy, not so with CO2 until adjusted correctly.

Regards,
Tom Barr