Re: [APD] aeration & a planted tank

         Increasing temperature will increase the metabolism rate in
plants, fish and micro organisms in the tank. I don't think that they all
would increase at the same rate.

         Try introducing additional continuos agitation instead of only at
night. In a natural water body like a river, the water is continuously
moving with good agitation on average. The shallower the river the  greater
the agitation and oxygenation. So, to simulating nature would be the best
way to go.

         I have noticed in my pond, after dark cloudy days the fish are
gasping at the surface in the morning. Now I keep a circulator pump on all
the time.

Raj