Re: [APD] Aeration & a planted tank

         Yes, Erik has done a great job of archiving that thread. I
remember reading it. I agree you on the O2 level possibilities. We have
terrific power outages here in India, part of life for us..

         I think the behavior of a planted aquarium is highly variable. If
you consider 1. Thinly planted 2. Moderate and 3. heavily forested with
that in mind 1. Thinly populated 2. Moderately & 3. Heavily populated (not
forgetting the snails :-) ) and like wise water hardness.. amount of
circulation.. CO2 injected or not.. agitation..  we end up with too many
variables. In time some clarity will develop from list members efforts and
discussions I hope.

         Most setups discussed on APD are (I think) moderately planted,
thinly populated and moderate to low hardness water. Compared to my Heavily
forested tanks with moderately hard water (Kh 8+) and heavy population
(they grow & breed)..

         So anyone following discussions here have to keep that in mind..
maybe an ideal tank definition needs to be (repeatedly) stated with
variation above or below that.

         Thoughts?

Raj