Clint

From: David Aiken <daiken at iprimus_com.au>
CaCL2 = Calcium Chloride
MgSO4 = Magnesium Sulphate, probably  he's using Epsom Salts here as
that's the commonly available form.
NaHCO3 = Sodium Bicarbonate, or baking soda in the common form.
K2SO4 = Potassium Sulphate or potash
CaCO3 = Calcium Carbonate, or chalk

I think Calcium Chloride is available from shops selling supplies for
swimming pools. Epsom salts and baking soda are commonly available
at  your local supermarket and potash is available from garden stores
in the fertiliser area. I don't know of a source for Calcium
carbonate but you could use powdered dolomite from health food
stores. As stated in Clint's post, it's not easy to dissolve and
that's true for dolomite too.

Hope this helps and I didn't get anything wrong. I just tend to buy
stuff in bottles with the SeaChem label on it - probably the most
expensive way to do it but pouring liquids into the tank is just
soooooooooooooooooooo easy.

David Aiken