Re: [APD] Phosphates too much? any alternative answers to reducin g the problem.

One can detect the odor of sulphur when one opens the
bottle. It is harmless if not attractive.

An intersting thread is this:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200404/msg00449.html

Dr. Morin has posted several times in resonse to comments
and questions about Prime. An example of such a thread is
this:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200302/msg00030.html

and this:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200312/msg00605.html

and this:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200302/msg00416.html

etc.

One of the great things about SeaChem, besides it's great
support for the hobby, is its responsiveness to this list.

Scott H.

--- Liz Wilhite <satirica at gmail_com> wrote:

> On 8/11/05, S. Hieber <shieber at yahoo_com> wrote:
>
> Some of the additives that "break the chloramine" bond
> leave chlorine and ammonia in the water -- thanks a lot
> overhyped additive. But SeaChem's Prime breaks the bond
> and
> then, besides binding or rendering harmless other
> chemicals
> in the water, binds the ammonia in a form that the plants
> can still use but that won't hurt the fish and isn't
> readily available to algae.
>  SeaChem's Prime has an odor that is very offensive and
> detectable at very
> low levels by some people -- I'm one of them. I'm curious
> what benefit it
> has -- with respect to chloramines -- compared to
> Kordon's Amquel. Kordon
> states it removes chlorine and binds ammonia in a
> non-toxic form. Have
> people gotten results that seem contrary to this claim?

A little over 1 month to go. The deadline for submissions to the AGA Aquascaping contest is September 15. What are you waiting for?

Entries are only $5 and for that half a sawbuck you can have your AGA entry automatically entered in the ADA (Aqua Design Amano) contest for free, a savings in time and shipping costs!

Share the fun; show your work.
The AGA's 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest is open.

Check it out at:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org