[APD] Re: Lights for new tanks

At 09:02 7/8/2005, Terry Barber wrote:
I am looking at AH supply for the light kits - but I need something to put it in.

I use a U-shaped plastic tray made of black plastic. A local plastics store (TAP Plastics) cuts and bends it for me and fabricates the ends. I can send you the height to use for AH Supply lights. Took me a couple of tries to get it right. You mount the lights by drilling and tapping small plastic blocks, then gluing them to the inside of the hood. Machine screws then hold the lights to the blocks. Same for mounting the ballast. Write if you have more questions. I thought I had a lot of digital pics on how to do this somewhere, but I can't find them.
If you need a detailed written description ask me. I will put it on my list of things to do.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco NE5EE gomberg1 at wcf dot com
http://www.wcf.com/apbook for Kasselmann's "Aquarium Plants" book SPECIAL