Re: [APD] Re: Custom Sealife Britelites

That's some generally good advice since some ballasts can
handle driving two lamps slightly differently but some
can't, depending on whther they are driving the bulbs in
parallel or serial or whether the lamps are driven by
separate supplies inside a single ballast. I believe the
65w bulbs just run with a slightly lower DC resistance than
the 55w and that's the only significant diff. The diff in
watt rating is less than the diff in actual watt output for
a given bulb when used with diff ballasts.

Square-array pins vs straight-row pins is a diff matter.
The startting requirements are diff and the ballasting
requiremetns are diff so diff ballasts are needed (or if
the ballasts allow for wiring in diff ways, diff wireing
schema are required.

Get real, get plants,
Scott H.
--- "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net> wrote:

> At 04:28 AM 8/2/2005 -0700, you wrote:
> >If the pins array is the same, you can use a 65w on a
> 55w
> >ballast without any problems.
>
> Yup. But you can't mix them if it's a twin tube fixture.
> Both
> tubes must be the same wattage.
>

> --
>
>  /"\                         / http://lists.aquaria.net
>  \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / Killies, Crypts,
> Aponogetons
>   X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
>  / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net

A little over 1 month to go. The deadline for submissions to the AGA Aquascaping contest is September 15. What are you waiting for?

Entries are only $5 and for that half a sawbuck you can have your AGA entry automatically entered in the ADA (Aqua Design Amano) contest for free, a savings in time and shipping costs!

Share the fun; show your work.
The AGA's 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest is open.

Check it out at:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org