Re: [APD] Re: NH4 vs NO3

--- Thomas  Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net> wrote:

> It's when the CO2 drops or the tank is NO3/PO4/trace
> limited etc, that we run into problems...........
> Then the filter is a much better back up than the plants
> which are limited.
> If no filter/responsive bacterial culture is present,
> then you favor the algae.

But a CO2 drop is relatively sudden and the nitrate
producing bacteria develop relatively slowly. Just a guess,
but I wouldn't expect the bacteria to
to speedily accomodate a sudden increase in nitrites.

sh

Share the fun; show your work.
The AGA's Sixth Annual International Aquascaping Contest is open.

Find about about here:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org