Re: [APD] Re: replacing existing gravel

Sand used for swimming pool filters is Calcium free. In Bangalore one local swimming pool supplier supplies in smaller quantities. Some of the aquarists complain that the particles are too sharp, probably its crushed quartz. Sea sand has pleasant rounded edges, but we have to remove the shell bits.

Used up HCL will not be very corrosive. I just flush it down
the toilet. The sewage system is designed to handle acidic
content. My place uses ceramic pipes but all new houses
have plastic pipes. Cement pipes will get eroded by acid.

I think we can use chalk to neutralize HCL acid.

Raj
Bangalore, India.