[APD] ich

Several rainbows in my planted tank appear to have ich. I am a bit stumped
by this as nothing new has been added to that tank, except water, in months.
 First, I have searched the archives and gotten conflicting information.
 Second, I have doubts -- with at least half the rainbows infected -- that
moving the sick fish out of the tank and treating them separately is going
to work.
 Finally, this tank has shrimp and yoyo loaches in it.
 I am raising the temperature of the tank and have added a bit of salt and
melafix to prevent secondary infections. I have read conflicting information
on malachite green and formalin in planted tanks.
 Suggestions for treatment?
 Thanks,
Liz