[APD] Snail removal

I have been a lurker for what seems like years, so here I go with an actual question.

When I added some plants to my 10 gallon tank around the holidays, it seems like snails came with them. Within a week or so, all my crypts and java ferns had been destroyed.  Now I am getting to replant the tank, but I have removed all the substrate, and have cleaned out the aquarium itself.

1) Is there anyway to clean the tank itself to make sure no snail left overs are there?

2) Should I start with new substrate or can I cleanse the old? (Profile)

3) How do I (or can I) clean my new plants to kill any snail eggs that might be riding on them.

TV