[APD] Re: CarboPlus usage

i ran the CarboPlus units on three tanks in Houston where the water had a  KH
of 8 to 11 on any given day. The units were sold to me by Village Tropical in
 Houston ( we did a tour there when the AGA conference was in Houston) and
they  were using them in several of their planted display tanks. They tanks were
 impressive. Costs at the time were a little higher but perhaps a little less
 intimidating for a newbie.

i had excellent results. I did however do a 50% WC at least once a week on
all the tanks and with the high KH of the tap water really never had a
problem..

When i moved to the Boston area my results were not so good ( KH <1 out  ot
the tap!)
Yhe carbon bar that lasted 6 to 8 months in Houston now barely lasted 90
days, sometimes less.

Over the last 15 months i have changed over to conventional CO2 systems. I
found a welding supply place that i swap an empty 5 lb. for a full one for $10
bucks and that usually lasts 6-8 months.

So Terry, if your water is hard and you decide to try the CarboPlus, email
me offline and i will save you some bucks on a good used one with a new
"sandwich" (clip and carbon bar)..

rich green
milton, mass