Re: [APD] Carbo Plus

Terry Barber wrote:

I was looking at an online catalog today and came accross the "Carbo Plus".

<<<<<No bubble counter, pressure tank, gas refills, valves, or gauges
needed!
Carbo-Plus is a new and revolutionary method of producing carbon dioxide for
aquarium use in growing aquatic plants. Simply stand the unit with the
carbon bar upright in your aquarium while its handy control dial remains
outside where you can select the perfect level for your freshwater aquarium.
A very fine "smoke" of carbon dioxide will appear immediately. This system
is so safe and convenient; we know you'll love it! No carbon dioxide gas, or
special tubing necessary! >>>>

Anybody using one of these? Do you like it? Does it deliver enough CO2?

Interesting "gadget".

Terry Barber

Well they are really not "new".

They are not very popular for a couple of reasons. First they strip the kH out of the water. Second the startup costs are about the same as one would spend for a manual pressurized system. And the long term operational costs are MUCH greater than a pressurized system. Third, very few people actually manage to get decent CO2 levels with the unit.