[APD] RE: Hg and lamps

> Just to bring this back to aquatic gardening, see below re fluorescent
> tubes...
> http://www.dtsc.ca.gov/HazardousWaste/Mercury/NEWS_2003_T-21-03.pdf
>
> "Mercury is a persistent, bio accumulative heavy metal toxin that is a
State
> and national pollution hazard.........
>
> >>Ann V

I use the PC lamps as long as I can till they fry. Good to drop them off at
the landfill hazardous waste depot along with batteries etc(it's free to do
so for items like this). PC's are better than NO FL's on this issue. As
well as the $$$ wallet if you is them longer and are not lulled into
believing they should be replaced every 1-2 years.

Regards,
Tom Barr

3rd annual Plant Fest July 8-14th 2005!
subscribe at BarrReport_com           Get connected
www.BarrReport.com                    Get the information