[APD] Re: Temperature, Thermometers & Mercury

From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>

Completely unrelated to my pinhead thinking, I ask, how
many folks actually enjoy water changes? Is it not still
the number three least liked part of maintaining fresh
water aquaria?

Gosh what's one and two? I think water changes is about the only thing that's a chore. And I usually don't mind doing those either, as long as the kids don't interrupt me several times and I flood the house again. :)

From: Raj <ggrk at blr_vsnl.net.in>

        What is worrying is not the cost of thermometer but we
should consciously buy or switch to non mercury (alcohol) ones.
What do we do with the mercury ones?

It's strange how much things change as we learn things. When I was a little girl there wasn't a general knowledge of what mercury could do to you. If a thermometer broke it is was great fun, we'd play with the mercury, put it in a bowl watch it drop and puddle up again. Kind of scary stuff to think about now.

Rhonda
http://naturalaquariums.com/