Re: [APD] CO2 equipment where to buy? Brisbane Australia

Nicolas Munro wrote:

Thanks Dave, much appreciated. I'll give them a bell tomorrow.

Any idea if you can use a LP gas tank ($50 ish) for CO2 gas and get it filled by BOC?

I'm not sure if they will allow me to do that or if there is another way to purchase a CO2 tank?

=Nick

No way, no how. An LP tank is a welded (at least here in the US) tank. And as far as I can remember they are only required to withstand 250 psi. A CO2 cylinder on the other hand is NOT welded but one piece. They are required (in the US) to be hydro tested at a minimum of 1800 psi. The working pressure of a CO2 cylinder is around 800 psi and a LP tank is about 75 psi.

Not to mention there is no way to fit a CO2 regulator onto a LP tank without a lot of custom and illegal machine work.