[APD] Re: Blyxa as an annual

>It stopped  flowering, started
>"melting", and in three more days was nothing but mush.   The only thing that
>changed was that some duckweed had partially shaded it,  although not
>completely.  Any ideas?

The vegetative phase->flowering phase->death in annuals that I know of is
irreversible. If I want to keep any plant I knew is an annual growing
perpetually I would _not_  give it the conditions it needs to start flower
initiation. This depends on the species and where/when it grows in nature.
Daylength, temperature, light intensity, water level, nutrient levels are the
usual parameters.

regards
Stephan