[APD] Re: Dying to Kill Rats

Without minimizing the dangers that persistent chemicals like DDT can have
on the environment, it should be noted that many if not most dissipate
rapidly without any long term effects.

Red Dye, for example, has a half life in sunlight of about one hour, and
just a bit more than that in water.  I don't think we have to worry about
its effect on groundwater.  If the rats are attracted to it, or if the
people who buy rat poison are attracted to it, then good for all of them and
for the people who make that very useful chemical.

A link about the persistence of Red dye:

http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/empm/pubs/ehapreps/suredye.htm

Bill