Re: [APD] c02 in a 5.5

When I used DIY yeast CO2 I used a 3 liter bottle with 3 cups sugar and 3/8 tsp of yeast, plus nothing else. I got that recipe from those who used 2 liter bottles with 2 cups sugar and 1/4 tsp yeast (regular bread yeast). It gave me a bubble about every second and lasted a couple of weeks. I think you have far too much yeast in your bottle. In fact for such a small tank I would use 1/8 tsp yeast, two cups sugar and no baking soda or salt. The quantity of yeast controls how fast the CO2 is produced and the amount of sugar determines roughly how long it lasts. At least that is how I understood it.