[APD] Re: help identifying plant/algae

>I can't tell from your picture, but what you describe is Staghorn algae.
>It's pretty easy to get rid of. Just dose KNO3 and KH2PO4 on a regular
>basis and you should be rid of it in about a month

Yeah, getting a good photo of it is like banging your head against a wall. :P

It's not Staghorn algae, don't think it's an algae at all really as it doesn't grow on anything unlike hair, staghorn, green spot etc.  Those green bodies are new seed pods I think. On the pick with the white background you can see some are black.. a seed (or spore packet) that is developed.  I do fert with KNO3, KH2PO4 with CO2 inj and don't have a problem with other algaes, another reason I don't think this is one.

Two new and better pics.  No biggie if no one knows, not hard to remove (I just comb it out of my grass) but curious what it is.
Thanks again.
Pete.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/983606/algaexpaper.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/983606/algaexclose.jpg