[APD] which lighting setup and hieght you recommend for me

Hi all
I want to setup a planted tank 48"X30"X24"  140 gallons and I'm really frustrated to use which light setup of the following:
First lighting setup  :  8X48" daylight flourescent lamps (8X40=320 watts   2.2 w/gal)
OR
Second lighting setup :  12X26 watt spiral compact flourescent lamps

i.e The first question is : Do you prefer to use daylight flourescent lamps or spiral compact flourescent lamps ?
     The Second question is : Do you prefer the tank height to be 20" or 24" which height is better for the plants knowing that I will plant amazon sowrds and water sprite and cabomba?
    The third Question : If I want to use an ehiem surface skimmer in order to clear the water surface and to give a chance to exchange gases with the air and supply oxygen to water to serve the high fish load which I will host about (100 fishes angels,gouramis, rose barbs, clown loaches,SAE,zebra danio ) can I with the surface skimmer ( which let co2 escapes ) but using presserized co2 setup mantain a 30 ppm co2?

Thanks in advance for all your replies
Amro