Re: [APD] Water Sprite blues

Carol ---

You didn't mention if your tanks are covered; I've noticed that floating plants, especially warm-water ones, such as frogbit and water sprite, are extremely sensitive to cold air (they grew like weeds in covered, warm tanks, and died slowly in the cooler tanks which weren't covered tightly enough. Also, how much light are you using (in a covered tank with intense lighting, the air temp could be much higher).

Jerry

REDRAGON40 at aol_com wrote:

I have talked to many folks about my problems growing watersprite. They seem to have no difficulty with it in hard water, soft water, any pH, cool, warm, or whatever. But watersprite hates me. I have great swords, crypts, val, and others, but no matter what I do, the watersprite just barely survives for awhile, then turns mushy and dies. I have well water, pH 7.8, hardness 160 ppm, but I have also tried it in my rainwater tank, where it lasts longer, but eventually dies anyway. Any suggestions? I like all the varities.
Carol