[APD] LED's as a light source.

Hi,

A friend of mine is heavily into his LED's and they do seem rather
bright, especially the luxeon star variety.  I was wondering if anyone
has play with technology such as the following:

http://shop.dotlight.de/shop/product_info.php/cPath/87/products_id/223

I always thought that LEDs would make a great way of providing low cost
bright lighting but I am concerned about the temperature that the LEDs
get to, i.e. 70+C.  Also anyone whos good at working with lumens etc
could maybe advise on the light output of these things as im a bit of an
ameateur in these areas.

If push comes to shove ill maybe buy a few sets of these in the near
future and do some tests, im sure ive got a light meter around here
somewhere.

TIA,

Si.